The “true” Easter in alchemy is the first full moon after the spring equinox. That makes Tuesday April 15, 2014 the Alchemical Easter this year. Starting with tonight’s lunar eclipse and full moon, tomorrow is considered a day rife with a most favorable life force. Harvest dew, collect eggs for making Oil of Egg, see what new shoots or buddings herbs might be best harvested.
Two Prayers for Alchemists
by Karl von Eckartshausen (1752-1803), from Über die Zauberkräfte der Natur, Munich, 1819, translated by Joscelyn Godwin
- Light Supreme, who art the Divine in Nature and dwellest in its innermost parts as in Heaven, hallowed be thy qualities and laws!
- Wherever thou art, all is brought to perfection; may the realm of thy Knowledge become subject unto thee.
- May our will in all our work be only thee, self-moving Power of Light! And as in the whole of Nature thou accomplishest all things, so accomplish all things in our work also.
- Give us of the Dew of Heaven, and the Fat of the Earth, the Fruits of Sun and Moon from the Tree of Life.
- And forgive us all errors which we have committed in our work without knowledge of thee, as we seek to turn from their errors those who have offended our precepts. And leave us not to our own darkness and our own science, but deliver us from all evil through the perfection of thy Work, Amen.
- Hail, pure self-moving Source, O Form, pure for receiving the Light! The Light of all things unites itself with thee alone.
- Most blessed art thou among all receptive forms, and blessed is the Fruit that thou conceivest, the Essence of Light united with warm substance.
- Pure Form, Mother of the most perfect Being, lift thyself up to the Light for us, now as we toil and in the hour when we complete the Work!